This Easy Cranberry Relish with Tangerine and Almonds is so easy to make with just 5 ingredients! This cranberry sauce comes together in less than 10 minutes. The more it marinates, the better the flavor! Serve it with turkey, chicken, and pork.
You do need a food processor to pulse it all together. I wouldn't use a blender, it will just make it a lovely juice. Any leftovers are wonderful over your favorite yogurt for breakfast or oatmeal. Usually on Thanksgiving we have our Fresh Cranberry Sauce and sometimes even our Italian Cranberry Sauce.
Are you in charge of bringing a side dish to a family or friend Thanksgiving feast? This is the dish that will impress everyone and takes just minutes to put together! Make it all cranberry season long! It's wonderful as a side dish with any roasted meat.
This sweet and tart cranberry, almond and tangerine relish is so much more refreshing than your cooked cranberry sauce. It comes together in less than 10 minutes (probably around 5 minutes).
Why you'll love this easy cranberry relish
- It's so easy to make! Just 5 ingredients and you're done.
- This relish is not too sweet and has a lovely tartness from the cranberries.
- The tangerine adds such a beautiful citrus flavor and the almonds give it a nice crunch.
- It's so pretty on your Thanksgiving table!
Ingredients for this relish with tangerine
- Fresh cranberries- If you can't find fresh cranberries, you can use frozen ones. Just defrost them before using.
- Tangerines- If you can't find tangerines, you can use oranges.
- Unsalted Almonds- I used these because I didn't want the dish to be too salty, but feel free to use whatever type of almond you have on hand.
- Honey- You can use more or less honey, depending on how sweet you like your relish.
- Cinnamon- This is optional, but I love the flavor it adds.
Step 1: Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse.
Step 2: Blend until you have a very finely chopped mixture.
Step 3: Chill until ready to serve.
Step 4: Sprinkle on some almond slivers and some chopped dried tangerine pieces before serving.
- You can sub pecans or walnuts for the almonds.
- If you don't happen to have dried tangerines around like I did, you could use dried apricots, raisins, dried cherries, or even dates!
- I like to use my mini food processor for this recipe, but you could also use a regular sized food processor.
- If you can't find tangerines, you can use oranges.
- This is such a versatile dish! You could add in some chopped up apples, pears, or even grapes.
- The more it marinates, the better the flavor
- If you want a smoother relish, you can pulse it longer or even blend it in a blender. I prefer it with some texture, so I don't pulse it too long.
- This cranberry relish will keep in the fridge for at least a week, if not longer.
- If you want to make this ahead of time, I would wait to add the almond slivers and tangerine pieces until right before serving.
An important distinction between cranberry sauce and cranberry relish is that cranberry relish is made from raw ingredients blended in a food processor (resulting in a fresher, tarter taste) whereas cranberry sauce is cooked and often much sweeter than relish.
The orange zest is the grated ingredient.
I know that homemade cranberry sauce that has been continuously refrigerated stay fresh for about 10 to 14 days. The same applies for the relish. It should stay good in the fridge for up to two weeks. You could also freeze it in airtight container or even zip locked freezer bags for up to 3 months.
Cranberry Relish is a type of raw cranberry sauce that's made by mincing the berries (usually using a food processor), then mixing them with sugar and other ingredients, like oranges, apples, pears, and / or nuts.
My jar of this cranberry, almond and tangerine relish is marinating in the fridge!! I tasted it after making it and it's so good and so different than your typical cranberry sauce (I already made my regular cranberry sauce yesterday).
Wishing all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving! Thank you for your support! xo
Other recipes with cranberries:
- Vegan Cranberry Coffee Cake
- Clementine Cranberry Scones
- Cranberry Meringue Pie
- Pear Cranberry Sticky Buns
- Cranberry Glazed Turkey Tenderloin
Did you make this? Please RATE THE RECIPE below:)
Please Subscribe and give a follow on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and TikTok xx
slightly updated Nov 2022
Easy Cranberry Relish with Tangerine and Almonds
- 12 ounces 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup unsalted almonds
- 3/4 cups dried tangerines or apricots or any dried fruit
- 1 Tablespoon of tangerine zest or navel orange
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey more if you like it sweeter
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse.
- Blend until you have a very finely chopped mixture.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle on some almond slivers and some chopped dried tangerine pieces before serving.
I have been making this cranberry relish now for the last few years and it is absolutely fabulous! Thank you for sharing this recipe! Happy holidays to you and yours!