It has been on my mind for a while. This simple and incredible, no-knead olive bread. I couldn’t stop thinking about making this bread. This no-knead olive bread was in my thoughts for days and weeks and it was just a problem of finding the time to put it together.
Really, that is the only obstacle in making this bread: a little time!! I think it may be the main obstacle in almost every case in making homemade bread: time! You hear it often, “Where did the time go?” Or, “I don’t have enough time in a day!” Usually I hear, “I need more than 24 hours in a day to get what I need done.” Another fabulous no-knead idea is this no-knead dinner roll recipe…so good!
All true for so many people and sometimes I say all of above things regarding time! Especially when it comes to making bread. It takes some planning and creative thinking to make fun and delicious dinners every evening. So how to find the time to make a gorgeous loaf of bread? You just do it!
So this bread wasn’t as beautiful as I had hoped it would be, but, oh my gosh, it was delicious! The crust was so thick and crunchy. The crumb was perfection. I thought about adding a little rosemary, and then I remembered, I love rosemary and love to cook with it, but I really don’t like rosemary flavor in my bread. I left it simple as it was with the little touch of flavor from the black olives.
#TwelveLoaves is a monthly bread baking party created by Lora from Savoring Italy and runs smoothly with the help of Heather of girlichef, and the rest of the fabulous Twelve Loaves bakers.
Our host this month is Karen from Karen’s Kitchen Stories, and our theme is Olives.
- Black Olive Focaccia from Baking in Pyjamas
- Eliopsomo (Greek Olive Bread) from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Greek Bread from NinjaBaker.com
- No-Knead Green Olive and Feta Flatbread from Rhubarb and Honey
- No Knead Olive Bread from Savoring Italy
- Olive and Tomato Focaccia from Never Enough Thyme
- Olive Campagne Boule from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Olive Oil Crackers from Ma Che Ti Sei Mangiato
- Olive Tapenade Focaccia from girlichef
- Rosemary Olive Bread from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sun Dried Tomato and Olive Bread from A Baker’s House
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached bread flour, plus more for surface and hands
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- one 1/4 ounce envelope yeast 0.8 grams
- 1 1/3 cups cool water (55-65 degrees F)
- wheat bran, coarse cornmeal, or more flour, for dusting
- 1 cup pitted black olives, sliced thin