Wait! Did I say Christmas? It’s hard to believe this past week went by in a flash. After spending weeks of deciding what our menu would be and thinking what desserts I would make this year, it’s now time to plan for my favorite holiday of the year! We had turkey and all the sides for four days. There was the turkey our friend made and brought over and his stuffing. There was my husband’s Italian chestnut and sausage stuffing (amazing!!)and then there was the turkey dinner my mom made at her house this past Sunday. There has been a lot of time spend with family and friends and turkey and we have been very happy!
GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN PIE
- 3 cups gluten-free rice-square cereal such as Rice Chex
- 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds I used salted
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 5 tablespoons packed light muscovado sugar or light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15- ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Pulse cereal and almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Add butter, sugar and salt; pulse until combined. Use immediately.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Press crust mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie dish. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Reduce temperature to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, coconut milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla and spices until combined. Pour into the crust and place on a baking sheet. Bake until filling is just set, 50 to 55 minutes.