We are huge cornbread friends. There isn’t a Thanksgiving that goes by and we don’t have at least one round or square cornbread. This Sweet Corn Spoonbread will now be at the table with my favorite cornbread. It is so creamy and moist…it could be called irresistible!!
If you’re not from the Southern parts of the States, you may be wondering what is a spoonbread?
WHAT IS A SPOONBREAD?
Each time I stopped to adjust the casserole, someone was walking by and stealing another portion of this spoonbread. I’m not even kidding!!
Thank you to Krusteaz for providing me with samples of their cornbread and muffin mix to try. All opinions are completely my own.
Sweet Corn Spoonbread
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup plain coconut yogurt
- 1/2 cup margarine I used Earth Balance, melted
- 3 large eggs if making vegan, use your favorite egg sub
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 14.75-ounce can cream style corn
- 2 15-ounce cans of whole corn, drained
- 1 15-ounce package Krusteaz Honey Cornbread and Muffin Mix
- Preheat the oven to 375° and lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish (I made two 2-quart portions) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, melted margarine, eggs, sugar and salt.
- Stir in the cream style and whole corn. Fold in the Krusteaz Honey Cornbread mix.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Place into the oven and bake until golden brown and set, about 30-35 minutes.
- Serve immediately.