Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Chicken Thighs with Broccolini is no-fuss and just delicious! The most irresistible honey balsamic sauce and the best thing is hardly any clean up!
On a busy weeknight what could be better than is there than flavorful chicken and broccolini baked together in one pan? The marinade is sweet and has a wonderful tang from the balsamic vinegar. This chicken brings comfort any day of the week.
This sheet pan honey balsamic chicken thighs what you will make when you are looking for a delicious dinner that is ready in an hour. We really love balsamic vinegar and the tang and sweetness that it can add to a salad or appetizer or main.
If you aren’t into broccolini, use regular broccoli. I’m seriously lucky that my kids just love broccolini! This goes great with a side of steamed rice or your favorite quinoa or even couscous. Make extra if you want leftovers for the next day. Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Chicken Thighs with Broccolini is easy to make and you could use regular tomatoes if you don’t have sun dried tomatoes. But the sun dried tomatoes are what we prefer for this recipe.
There will be juice from the chicken and that is no problem for us as our kids like that extra sauce. It’s so flavorful you may find yourself dipping bread in it! Chicken thighs (bone-in, skin on)is the only chicken I use when making this recipe. It’s more moist and tender than the breasts and beautiful glaze on the skin crisps up while baking. You could the serve the marinade and juices that make this wonderful sauce in a small bowl. We pass it around the table and whoever wants to can spoon some on their chicken. I always check the chicken around 50 minutes. It may need an extra few minutes and you can check the internal temperature to make sure it’s ready (should be 165F internal temp).
HOW TO MAKE HONEY BALSAMIC MARINADE
To make honey balsamic marinade, mix together good quality balsamic vinegar, honey, extra-virgin olive oil, paprika, salt and pepper. You could make it spicy by adding a bit of chili powder. If you have time you could marinate the chicken for even an hour before baking it. Be sure to not marinate longer than an hour as the acid in the vinegar could make the meat not as tender if it is sitting in it for a long time.
Chicken Thighs vs. Breasts: We prefer chicken thighs for this recipe. But feel free to use chicken breasts just keeping in mind that they would be done in about 18-20 minutes.
Another easy sheet pan chicken we love: Baked Pineapple Chicken.
For when you really want comfort food, we love: Very Easy One Pot Chicken and Rice.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Sheet Pan Honey Balsamic Chicken Thighs with Broccolini
Honey Balsamic Chicken
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup mixed berry jam (or any berry jam)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 bone-in skin-on Chicken Thighs
- 3 bunches broccolini
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes cut in small pieces
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large bowl add all the marinade ingredients. Add in the chicken thighs and give it all a good stir to combine. Place the chicken on your sheet pan or jelly roll skin side down. Drizzle on the rest of the marinade ingredients all over the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Lower the temperature to 375F and using thongs, carefully turn the chicken skin side up. Bake until the internal temperature of the chicken reads 165F.
- Trim 2 inches off the ends of the broccolini stems and cut any thick stalks in half lengthwise. In a small bowl combine broccolini with olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Place around the chicken on the sheet pan. Bake for the last 15 minutes of the baking time, until the broccolini is crisp-tender.