Banana Mango Flaxseed Muffins are a super easy to make vegan muffin. This is a one bowl recipe and the most important ingredients is nice and ripe bananas. They add such a natural sweetness and moisture to the recipe. You’ll be baking these delicious muffins all summer long!
I've been baking muffins lately instead of the usual quick breads that my kids enjoy for breakfast. With our mango season running so long and so late this summer, I had to make mango banana muffins. I had to make them not just once, but quite few times.
Banana Mango Flaxseed Muffins
I had to make them because they are so easy to make. This is a one bowl recipe. This is a recipe you don't need a mixer for. This is a recipe that only requires nice and ripe bananas. They add such a natural sweetness and moisture to the recipe. If you don't have any mangoes on hand, late summer peaches would be fantastic. If you don't have peaches, you could fold in some blueberries instead. This is a perfect recipe base to add whatever fruit you like to the recipe.
Breakfast is as important of a meal as dinner, in my honest opinion. My day doesn't start right unless I have my coffee and something freshly baked first thing in the morning. For days I haven't gotten around to baking something, I am also content with simple toast and jam.
Even better is jam that we've made here or that my mother-in-law sent home with us when we visited her this summer. These muffins are an even better after school snack. Nothing beats coming home to the scent of freshly baked muffins. Helps deal with mounds of homework a little easier.
A muffin that is full of potassium rich bananas and not too much sugar (you could even add less sugar depending on how sweet you like your muffin. Shhh! My kids didn't know they had ground flaxseed in them.
Why is ground flaxseed important?
To start with, it is high in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. Since these muffins are vegan, have no fear in tasting the batter. No raw eggs in it that would stop you from taking a taste).
A super quick prep time (takes me 10 minutes or less to put together the batter) and a quick baking time, there is no excuse to not get baking this fantastic muffin recipe!
Some more banana recipes:
Banana Mango Flaxseed Muffins
- 3/4 cup white sugar use vegan sugar to make it truly vegan
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 very ripe bananas mashed well
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 cup almond milk mixed with 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (or your favorite nut or even oat milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup diced mangoes or peaches
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray a muffin tin with non stick cooking spray, or lightly coat with margarine.
- Sift together flour, flaxseed, baking soda, salt and spices.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the oil and sugar. Add bananas, milk and vanilla. Gently fold in the mangoes.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix well. Spoon batter into the muffin tin. Sprinkle on the almond slices. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Delicious served warm. If any are leftover, they are wonderful at room temperature the next day.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information presented below is an approximation and may vary depending on the exact ingredients used.