This Mango Salsa is our go-to recipe for juicy mangoes of the season! A salsa recipe that is full of flavor, goes great with so many dishes, and is super easy to make. Wonderful to serve with grilled tofu, fish, chicken and even beef. Just delightful on its own with your favorite tortilla chips.
This delicious salsa is totally vegan, gluten-free, Paleo and Whole30 compliant (just don’t eat it with chips or in flour tortillas). Serve it over your favorite grilled fish, chicken or steak (for the non-vegans).
Summer is just flying by! The humidity is thicker than ever and it’s not that easy to heat up the oven. I’m content eating any thing cold and fresh. My mango tree has been so good to us this summer. I know, I’m always talking about these silly mangoes.
But seriously! The best mangoes grow in my backyard. We wish we could send you each a mango to test for yourselves.
Originally published in July 2020 and updated on June 2022. This is one of my favorite salsa recipes! It’s fresh and delicious all mango season long!
Making this salsa is as easy as mixing together chopped ingredients. The whole thing comes together in about 10 minutes. Just take care slicing the mango. They can be very slippery when you are holding them.
What ingredients are in a mango salsa?
- plum tomatoes
- red onions
- freshly squeezed lime juice
- extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt
Once you have all the ingredients together, it takes a matter of a few minutes to mix together. We omitted peppers. Feel free to add red peppers or jalapenos and spice it up.
Making this salsa is as easy as mixing together chopped ingredients. The whole thing comes together in about 10 minutes.
Just take care slicing the mango. They can be very slippery when you are holding them. Once you have all the ingredients together, it takes a matter of a few minutes to mix together. We omitted peppers. Feel free to add red peppers or jalapenos and spice it up.
The first thing it begins with is mangoes!
Here are all the mangoes we cleaned yesterday. These mangoes are ready to be canned for the fall. Do you like canning fruits or vegetables in the summer? What is your favorite things to can? We love to can peppers and eggplants.
Zucchini are also something we regularly can. We also make the mangoes with a sugar syrup, kind of like canned peaches with the sugar syrup. They are just wonderful served on top of yogurt or your favorite ice-cream.
How to make Mango Salsa?
- Prep ingredients: cup up the mango, chop tomatoes, scallions, red onion, and coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Toss together and season: mix all your prepped ingredients together and season with salt, pepper, cumin (the “secret” ingredient here!), and fresh lime juice.
- Serve: the mango salsa is ready to be enjoyed on its own OR use it on the side with your favorite protein (grilled tofu, chicken, fish or steak).
Let’s talk about cilantro for a minute. Over the years, I have seen food bloggers argue over cilantro. There are those that passionately love them or hate them. We happen to enjoy the flavor! So for those of you that think cilantro tastes awful, you could totally sub fresh parsley (just the leaves, no stems).
If you are a a cilantro fan, it is so great with the fresh lime juice and the sweet mangoes. But we get it! We know it’s not for everyone.
Even though we provided a recipe, you could use it as a template and mix it up to make it your style (add avocados or any other fruit to make it your way…strawberries would be lovely!).
Uses for Mango Salsa
• Serve with your favorite tortilla chips
• Use it to top grilled tofu, fish. Wonderful with grilled chicken or steak.
• It’s really good with baked salmon.
• A perfect salsa to bring to any summer barbecue. It will be tempting to just eat it on it’s own!
No matter how you decide to enjoy it, we hope you make it all summer long!
Other mango recipes:
One last thing…I promise!
Just a quick request: if you enjoyed these vegan berry crumble bars as much as we did, would you kindly leave us a 5-star rating and a short (or long!)comment–the ratings are what helps get our recipes and hard work discovered, so we can keep leaving you more delish recipes!
Your comments mean the world to me….and I really SMILE when I read them. Thank you so much! XX
This post contains affiliate sales links.
- 2 plum tomatoes diced
- 2 cups mangoes diced
- 3 scallions diced
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- juice of two limes
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped (just the leaves)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a small bowl. Check the flavor and adjust, if needed, by adding more lime juice, extra-virgin olive oil and even salt. Serve immediately with tacos or just some good chips.