A delicious chocolate crusted blondies packed with bananas. Chocolate-Crusted Banana Blondies are the perfect way to use up those sweet and ripe bananas!
Chocolate-Crusted Banana Blondies
- 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter 1 1/4 cups
- chocolate wafer cookies to make about 3 cups crumbs
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt plus a pinch
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with parchment, and grease with butter (I sprayed with baking spray)
- Melt 1 stick of butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Add the chocolate wafer cookies to the bowl of a food processor and process to make fine crumbs.
- Add the light brown sugar, melted butter and a pinch of salt.
- Process until the mixture is the consistency of damp sand.
- Dump the mixture into the pan and press it into an even layer.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes, or until the surface is firm.
- Remove the pan from oven and set aside.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Brown the butter in a heavy-bottom medium saucepan over medium-low heat.
- When the butter has browned (about 3 minutes), set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together bananas, eggs, dark brown sugar and rum.
- Whisk in brown butter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and fine salt.
- Pour the mixture over the prepared crust and spread evenly.
- Transfer pan to oven and bake until the top is firm and a toothpick inserted in the center emerges with a few crumbs attached; 45 to 55 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack; cut into 24 bars.