A perfectly fantastic bread to share with #TwelveLoaves July!
I will be completely honest with you. I had some baking difficulties. Some major dough issues. So bad that I almost chucked the whole thing in teh garbage. But it looked so good with it’s incredible filling. I had every intention of making a ring and a twist bread and some mini rolls. The smaller twist bread was no problem and the rolls were a cinch.
But this beast below…well, I call it a beast and it ended up being quite the beauty. I almost threw this part of the bread process away. Thank goodness I stopped myself and gave it a chance! What’s my bread baking moral? Don’t ever give up on the yeast!
It wasn’t the prettiest and I had the worst time making it into a ring. Blame the heat. Blame my rushing. I don’t know what in the world happened. It happened and it all turned out fine in my bread baking world. I even got a text from my neighbor after I sent his kids a sample to try a little of it all, “Did you bake those breads? All of them?”. I told him yes…I did bake these breads. He was quick to ask me when am I baking them again;)
#TwelveLoaves July: Bake any bread, yeast or quick bread, loaf or individual. This #TwelveLoaves July 2013 all about baking with stone fruits! We are excited to have Renee of Magnolia Days and Paula from Vintage Kitchen Notes hosting this month’s event!
Share your favorite stone fruit bread recipe: quick or yeast! Think luscious quick loaves, sinful scones, delightful Danishes. Any bread recipe you’d like to bake with stone fruits, share it with us! Let’s get baking!
You must see what our very talented #TwelveLoaves bakers have created July!
- Apricot Bread from Savoring Italy
- Peach & Apricot Honey Bread from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Peach Muffins from Ma Che Ti Sei Mangiato
- Peach Challah from Vintage Kitchen Notes
- Cherry Muffins from Magnolia Days
- Apricot Braided Loaf from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cinnamon Peach Monkey Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
- Peach Oat Quick Bread from A Baker’s House
- Peach Cinnamon Rolls from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Nectarine Raspberry Bread from A Handful of Everything
Look at what we’ve baked this past year!
May theme: Focaccia
June theme: Corn Rolls
July theme: Challah
August theme: Summer Fruit
September: Say CHEESE!
October: Seeds, nuts and grains
November: Autumn Fruits: Apples and Pears
December: Boozy Bread
January: Clean Slate
February: Open Challenge
March: Holiday Breads
#TwelveLoaves-founded by Savoring Italy.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 (1/2 ounce) envelope active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (100 to 110 degrees)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 4 1/2-5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
inspired by this Apricot and Marzipan Twist
dough from me and filling adapted from their recipe