So on a future post, I will share her recipe and photos. For now I am sharing the Saveur recipe, which she said is fine!
For my friends that are in subzero temps…stay warm and keep safe! For my friends that are craving a great bowl of soup, you have to make this! It’s vegetarian…it could even be vegan if you omit the sour cream you add on at end (or use vegan sour cream)and use margarine instead of butter. It is a really simple soup to make. If you don’t want to be daring and attempt the dumplings, use your favorite noodles instead-still will be fabulous!
Happy first week of January! Thanks for stopping by!
- 1/3 cup flour
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tbsp. Hungarian hot paprika
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 small head cauliflower, large stem removed, cut into florets
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, stemmed and finely chopped