I know if you’ve passed by my blog, they only thing going on here is the sound of crickets! But that does not mean I am not still baking and cooking. If you want to see what I’m doing more frequently, check out my Instagram stories. I promise there will be more fresh ideas happening there! And collecting cookbooks and food magazines. The piles are growing and my husband’s patience is diminishing. Seriously, how many cookbooks does a woman need?
Fresh Strawberry Bundt Cake
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 6 tablespoons margarine softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour plus 2 Tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour or use all white
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut milk yogurt or regular yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk or regular milk
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries hulled and diced
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour your bundt pan (regular 10 cup bundt pan). I personally prefer to use baking spray for bundt pans.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, beating until incorporated. Stir in vanilla, lemon rind, and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, soda, and salt; set aside. Combine yogurt and coconut milk (or regular milk). Add flour mixture and yogurt mixture alternately to margarine mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Toss the strawberries in the remaining 2 Tablespoons flour. Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Spoon batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool on wire rack. Once cooled whisk together the remaining 2 Tb. of lemon juice and the powdered sugar. If you need your glaze to be thicker, add more powdered sugar. If you like it thinner, adjust with more lemon juice. Drizzle on the glaze. Enjoy!