There are some things that I just completely LOVE. I mean, LOVE. One of the things I completely love is granola. Yes, granola! I know, I never talk that much with you or anyone I know about granola.
Because, it’s granola! But today I was talking about granola with my American expat friend that lives in Italy. We chatted about how yummy granola is and how she has never made it.
Super Easy Cranberry-Coconut Granola
- 2 cups regular rolled oats
- 1/4 pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons flax meal
- 1 Tablespoon toasted wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, optional when adding dried fruit
- 1/2 cup coconut chips (to be added during last few minutes of baking)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with baking spray. In a medium bowl, combine the oats,pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, flax meal,toasted wheat bran, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- In a small pan on medium heat, combine the coconut oil (or vegetable oil), maple syrup, honey, brown sugar. Whisk together the ingredients and let simmer for about 2 minutes.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring until the mixture is fully combined and moist. Spread the mixture on the greased baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and stir around the granola (break up any large chunks that may have formed). Bake for an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and add the coconut chips. Bake another 2-3 minutes (not any longer, or the coconut will brown and taste horrible).
- Remove from oven and stir it around again. Let it cool. When totally cooled, stir in an airtight container.