Skillet Peach Cobbler is the perfect summer dessert that is amazing with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream. It is just perfect when it’s still warm and with a couple of scoops of ice-cream. It’s even wonderful as it is for breakfast!
A sweet taste of summer in a super easy to make dessert. This peach cobbler can be made any time of the year using frozen or even canned peaches. If you are coming across sweet and juicy peaches at your local markets, this is the best time to make this cobbler.
I’ve got to admit that I’ve been really busy these last few weeks. I’m not used to entertaining family for more than 5 days. I know my in-laws were here for over a month. But that doesn’t count. They took care of me.
My sister-in-law teased me the other day and called me Julie from The Love Boat. The girls have been here from Italy for almost a month. Yes, I’ve been a busy bee taking the cousins everywhere their hearts desire. Their hearts desire is usually the mall. I’m fine with the mall for like say, one hour. Then I don’t need to see it for another year. They could spend 12 hours at the mall and still not be satisfied.
And of course I’ve been baking them something different almost every day. Since I had just made some peach preserves, I had to try this skillet cobbler.
What ingredients are needed to make a skillet peach cobbler?
Here is all you need to make this delicious peach cobbler:
- all-purpose flour
- cups sugar
- baking powder
- large eggs
- vanilla extract
- unsalted butter
How do you make a skillet peach cobbler dessert?
After you gather all your ingredients, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk (I used oat milk with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to make my own dairy-free buttermilk).
Combine the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; stir until smooth.
Melt butter (keep it dairy-free and use your favorite vegan butter) in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Swirl pan to coat with butter. Remove from heat.
Add batter to pan. Scatter fresh peaches over, then spoon dollops of preserves evenly over batter.
Bake until a tester inserted into center of cobbler comes out clean, 45-50 minutes. Let cool slightly. Delicious warm all by itself or with whipped cream mixture.
Thanks for stopping by and for all your lovely comments. Your support and friendship means so much to me.
Skillet Peach Cobbler
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar I used coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs beaten to blend
- 1 cup buttermilk I used oat milk with 1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed in it
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick unsalted butter (use Earth Balance vegan stick for dairy-free)
- 2 pounds peeled pitted peaches, each cut into 1/2 inch wedges (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup peach preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs, 1/2 cup sour cream, buttermilk, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients; whisk until smooth.
- Melt butter in 9-iinch cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Swirl pan to coat with butter. Remove from heat.
- Add batter to pan. Scatter fresh peaches over, then spoon dollops of preserves evenly over batter.
- Bake until a tester inserted into center of cobbler comes out clean, 40-45 minutes. Let cool slightly. Delicious warm all by itself or with whipped cream mixture.