Strawberries are everywhere I go, and it was time to make this. No-Bake Strawberry and Mascarpone Cheesecake-Sbriciolata con Fragole e Mascarpone is just what you should make when you have juicy strawberries!
some recipe notes:
Looking for some more no-bake inspiration? Look no further…here you go:
blueberry ice-box pie
No-Bake Strawberry and Mascarpone Cheesecake-Sbriciolata con Fragole e Mascarpone
- 4 cups sugar cookies
- 8 tablespoons butter 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Limoncello or juice of one lemon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup strawberries cleaned, hulled and cut into small pieces
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the cookies until it is finely ground. Add the butter; process until moist crumbs form. If it seems to dry, you could add a little water (or milk) a tablespoon at a time until you reach the right consistency.
- Press this mixture into mini tart pans (4″ x 3/4″) or a 8-inch springform pan (or pie plate); press the crumbs up the sides of the pan. Place the tart pans in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- Beat together the mascarpone, sugar, vanilla and limoncello (or lemon juice) in a bowl until smooth; set aside.
- Lightly whip the cream, and then fold it into the cream cheese mixture.
- Gently fold in the strawberry pieces.
- Spoon the cheesecake filling on top of the graham cracker crumb base and smooth with a spatula.
- Sprinkle on each tart some more of the cookie crumb mixture.
- Put the tarts (or one normal size tart) in the refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.