Hot and bubbly, this Hot and Cheesy Artichoke Dip is loaded with cheese and artichokes-it’s so easy to make and always a huge hit at parties!
This is our favorite Hot Cheesy Artichoke dip recipe!! It is so simple to put together and always a huge hit! There is no secret why this Hot and Cheesy Artichoke Dip is so popular: it’s DELICIOUS!
It is just the appetizer you will want to serve at any party or special holiday or get together (hello, BOOKCLUB with your favorite friends!) because everyone always loves it and it takes just minutes to whip up!! We just love it served with crusty bread, crackers or chips. Now to take this dip to another level, feel free to add a bit of your favorite hot sauce!! Since the kids were also digging into this, we kept it not spicy. You could also serve with some hot sauce on the side for those that need a little kick with this fantastic hot and cheesy dip!!
We know how it is when you are getting ready for a big party; there is so much to prepare! The beauty of this special little dip is that you could put it together one or two days ahead of time and leave it in the fridge (which is a great way to have all the flavors meld together nicely and takes one more thing off your to-do list to make on the day of your party). Just bake right before your guests arrive and they will be devouring this hot and bubbly dip as soon as they can! This delicious dip goes fast at any party!! This dip is vegetarian and gluten-free. Feel free to use your favorite vegan cheeses to make this an amazing vegan dip (I have done it with some really great dairy free cheeses with fantastic results!).
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
Like most creamy dip recipes, this hot cheesy artichoke dip starts with a delicious cream cheese base. The first step to a perfectly scoopable artichoke dip is to make the cream cheese nice and fluffy using either a hand mixer or a stand mixer. You can certainly mix it by hand but an electric mixer will make your dip softer and easier to dip.
I use canned artichokes most times but I have also used marinated artichokes. The difference is that the canned artichokes are usually in water with a bit of salt and the marinated artichokes have great seasoning already in their marinade. If you’re using canned artichokes like I did you will be adding a little bit of your own seasoning (I used paprika, garlic and black pepper.
You could also use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic if you need to). My Italian friend at our recent Superbowl party (yes, we had a very big Italian Superbowl party!!) said she makes this dip with fresh artichokes. She uses baby artichokes and we talked about how much work it is to clean but that the flavor is incredible. I think for a dip like this frozen or canned artichokes is the way to go. Save the time you would use to clean fresh artichokes to use it for making another great appetizer!!
1 Mix cream cheese, sour cream and mayo until fluffy.
2 Fold in cheeses and artichokes.
3 Bake until bubbly.
What to Serve With Spinach Artichoke Dip
I like to serve this dip with toasted slices of baguette but it’s wonderful with crackers, chunks of tortilla or pita chips!
If you’re looking to save on carbs you could definitely serve the dip with celery, carrots, cucumbers and mini bell peppers. Just warning you that this dip will be the first thing to go at whatever party you serve this at!
Can I make this hot cheesy artichoke dip in the slow cooker?
Yes, you can make spinach artichoke dip in the slow cooker! Add everything to the slow cooker and cook on high for 2 hours. Stir well before serving.
Served with a fantastic cheese and olive tray…this is all you need to start off a delicious party!! We’ve made this dip in the last few months for 3 different parties!!
Hot and Cheesy Artichoke Dip
Hot and bubbly, this creamy artichoke dip is loaded with cheese and artichokes-it’s so easy to make and always a huge hit at parties!
Servings: 8 servings
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese divided use
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 14 oz marinated artichoke hearts chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- juice of one lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl add the softened cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic; mix these ingredients well with a hand mixer (you could also mix in bowl of a stand mixer or also mix by hand with a wooden spoon), until they are blended, smooth and fluffy.
- Stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese and the Parmigiano Reggiano cheese; next, fold in the chopped artichoke hearts.
- Add in the parsley, paprika, crushed pepper and lemon juice; stir it all together.
- To bake, spoon mixture into a 9x9 casserole dish (or deep dish pie plate) dish, and smooth the top with a spoon; sprinkle over the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded four cheese blend, and place into the oven to bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the dip is hot, bubbly and golden on top; serve with baguette slices or chips.
- To prep baguette slices: slice baguette into 1/2" slices. Lightly brush one side of each slice with olive oil. Broil the oiled side for about 2 minutes or just until lightly browned.