Garlic Rosemary Whole30 Meatballs are really easy to make and just delicious! Made with ground chicken, rosemary, garlic, and baked in the oven. The whole family will love this healthy and tasty main course. Dinner is ready in under 30 minutes!
The easy Whole 30 meatballs recipe cook until they get a little crispy, and they stay super soft on the inside! You could enjoy them with your favorite roasted veggies, cauliflower rice, or even as a party appetizer. A really versatile meatball recipe that is super flavorful!
These delicious meatballs are Whole30, Paleo, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Keto, and sugar + dairy-free.
If you wanted to have a coating, you could use a grain-free coating (to keep it Paleo). I did not coat my meatballs. The rosemary and garlic forms the most delicious juice.
To stay low-carb, I enjoyed mine with a side of cauliflower rice, but if you're not low-carb, go ahead and enjoy it with steamed rice (brown or white). Skip the rice if you're on a Whole30 cycle or for Paleo.
What ingredients are in Whole30 meatballs?
- ground chicken
- almond flour (or bread crumbs, if you're not Whole30 or GF)
- onion (sweet or Vidalia works)
- garlic cloves
- coconut aminos
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- fresh rosemary
- garlic cloves
- olive oil
How to make Whole30 meatballs
Here is what you need to do to make these delicious meatballs (full recipe is below):
Gather all the ingredients. Place the ground chicken and the rest of the ingredients into a large bowl. Stir to combine.
Stir the mixture together (you could even combine it with your clean hands).
Wet your hands a little and start to roll out the meatballs. I made mine about 2-inches in diameter. It yielded 15 for me.
Grease your baking dish with some olive oil (or whatever oil you have on hand). Transfer the meatballs into your baking dish. Tuck rosemary springs and fresh garlic in between the meatballs. Bake on 400 for 25-35 minutes (depending on how small or large you rolled them out).
Can I use breadcrumbs in these meatballs?
Almond flour is used in place of bread crumbs. If you’re not Whole30 or gluten-free, you could use bread crumbs.
What to serve with chicken meatballs
There are several options on how to serve these meatballs.
- They go great with a side of your favorite vegetables or even a large salad.
- Delicious with pasta (use your favorite gluten-free brand, if you’re GF). This easy homemade tomato sauce cooks up super quickly and would be nice with the pasta and meatballs.
- Or just serve them as an appetizer with some other small bites.
Can I use ground turkey in place of the ground chicken?
Yes, it is fine to use ground turkey. Either ground turkey or ground chicken will work fine (or even a combo of the two of them).
What side dishes go with these meatballs?
How to store meatballs
As soon as they've cooled down, place them in an airtight container or even a large zipped lock bag. Will stay fresh for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Can these chicken meatballs be frozen?
Yes, they can. Once they have cooled down, place them in a zipped lock freezer bag or an airtight container. Store for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and heat in oven on 350F (or in a microwave).
Some other Whole30 recipes to enjoy:
- Healthy Chicken Patties
- Whole30 Broccoli Salad
- Roasted Sweet Potato and Kale Salad
- Italian Breakfast Hash
Just a quick request: if you enjoyed the Garlic Rosemary Whole30 Meatballs as much as we did, would you kindly leave me a 5-star rating and a short (or long!)comment–the ratings are what helps get my recipes and hard work discovered, so I can keep leaving you more delish recipes!
Your comments mean the world to me….and I really SMILE when I read them. Thank you so much! XX
Garlic Rosemary Whole30 Meatballs
- 2 lb ground chicken
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon coconut amino acid
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- For the casserole
- oil olive oil or whatever light oil you have on hand
- extra garlic cloves 8 or even more if you like more garlic
- fresh rosemary sprigs
- Italian parsley to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- In a large bowl, stir to combine the chicken, almond flour, garlic, egg, coconut aminos, salt and pepper until evenly incorporated.
- Wet hands slightly and roll meatballs into the size you prefer (mine are approximately 2 inches in diameter, which is about 2 tablespoons each). This size yields about 18-20 meatballs. You can of course make them smaller, if you like.
- Prep the baking dish by rubbing it with some olive oil.
- Arrange the meatballs in the baking dish. Tuck the garlic cloves and sprigs of rosemary in between the meatballs.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway (depending on how small or big you rolled the meatballs). When they’re golden brown and cooked through, remove pan from oven and set aside. Garnish with fresh chopped Italian parsley. Serve with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information presented below is an approximation and may vary depending on the exact ingredients used.