The easiest one bowl Chewy Chocolate Brownies! Nice and chewy inside and a crackled top. The addition of chocolate chips makes them even more delicious!
I realized it was time to start a baking blog when I found myself baking brownies three times in one week. I was in search of brownie perfection. Does such a thing exist? Yes, if you ask my wise daughter she will tell you frankly as she did to me one night in the beginning of June.
The conversation went something like this. "Honey, how did you like my brownies the other night?". "Mommy they were good", she responded. "But they are so much more delicious when you put chocolate on the inside too." So here is this recipe with chocolate on the inside.
Chewy Chocolate Brownies
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup plus 2 T boiling water
- 2 ozs semi-sweet chocolate finely chopped
- 4 T unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of sugar
- 1 ¾ cup of unbleached all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp salt
- 6 ozs bittersweet chocolate cut into 1/2 inch pieces or
- ½ cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 13 x 9 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. I like to use Pam Baking Spray.
- Whisk the cocoa in the boiling water in a large bowl until smooth. Add unsweetened chocolate and whisk until melted.
- Whisk in melted butter and oil. Add eggs, yolks, and vanilla and continue to whisk until smooth. Whisk in sugar until fully incorporated. Add flour and salt and mix with rubber spatula until combined. Fold in bittersweet chocolate pieces or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into pan and bake until toothpick inserted comes out with few moist crumbs (approximately 30-35 minutes).
- After cooling on a wire rack, lift the brownies with the foil overhang. Slice when completely cool. I know you won’t wait that long. We never do. Enjoy the crumbly, gooey, chocolate mess!!
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information presented below is an approximation and may vary depending on the exact ingredients used.