Apple Gin Cocktail has the perfect mix of sweet and slightly tart. Can be made ahead of time for any holiday get together. Super easy to make, this smooth and cozy fall cocktail comes together with ingredients you have on hand, plus gin (or whatever spirit you like!).
This is a perfect autumn gin cocktail that really is no-fuss to make. You could even 1/2 the recipe and make for one. This cocktail is packed with sweet and tart apple and lemon flavor, and a touch of cinnamon. A total hit for Thanksgiving or for any special meal. And if you do not want any gin in it, make it nonalcoholic (a fall mocktail!).
- What’s in an apple gin cocktail?
- This cocktail is so loved because:
- How to make this fall gin cocktail
- Can I make this an apple mocktail?
- How do you serve an apple cider cocktail?
- Here are the ways to serve them:
- What can I garnish my gin cocktail with?
- This apple gin cocktail pairs well with autumn recipes like these:
- Autumn Gin Cocktail
What’s in an apple gin cocktail?
This cocktail comes together with 6 basic ingredients. All you do is combine it with ice to get an impressive drink!
- Spirit: Keep in mind that you the better the quality of the spirit you choose, the better the flavor of this drink. NO need to splurge, but definitely select something you really enjoy. I find that using gin (or even vodka) keeps this lighter. For a warmer flavor note, you could use whiskey, rum or even bourbon.
- Apple Cider: Apple season is when you'll find the freshest and most delightful ciders just about anywhere.
- Lemon juice: The tart lemon definitely makes this drink refreshing and not overly sweet. Freshly squeezed is the only way to go for this drink!
- Sweetener: I used maple syrup, but honey also works great (or another sweetener you love).
- Cinnamon: This is the flavor that brings it all together. There is cinnamon mixed in the drink and a dash on top. Every sip is warm and cozy. Apple pie spice would also work great!
- Soda water: The touch of soda water makes it less heavy. You could even use a refreshing ginger beer (keep in mind, that will get added into the drink already mixed and in the glass).
Not only is this gin cocktail so lovely, it is also delicious! You may even skip dessert to enjoy this not too sweet and just bit tart autumn drink. Totally refreshing and every sip transports you to a cold autumn evening and a warm fireplace. The perfect thanksgiving gin cocktail!
This cocktail is so loved because:
- Ingredients: You may have all it takes on hand to make this drink. You could use gin or vodka. Or even rum or bourbon.
- Apples: This is the season to enjoy all the apple flavors! With fresh apple cider and apple slices to garnish, this gin cider is all about FALL!
- Affordable: Since it's not a long list of ingredients, and many you'll probably have on hand, it's not a big splurge to make this warm and cozy fall drink.
- Flavors: It's really easy to make adjustments and customize this drink to your taste.
How to make this fall gin cocktail
Step 1: Fill a shaker (or a pitcher) with ice.
Step 2: Add in the gin, apple cider, freshly squeezed lemon juice, maple syrup, and ground cinnamon.
Step 3: Shake or stir vigorously until chilled, about 10 seconds (more or less).
Step 4: Pour the drink over a strainer into two cocktail glasses filled with ice.
Step 5: Top off each glass with a 1/2 an ounce of soda (or a little bit more…it shouldn’t be watered down with soda, so use to your taste).
Step 6: Garnish with apple or lemon slices.
Step 7: Enjoy responsibly!
Can I make this an apple mocktail?
You can easily make this apple cider cocktail without alcohol!
All you have to do is leave out the gin. You could sub it with sparkling cider. If you do add in something sparkling that is non alcoholic, be sure not to shake it.
How do you serve an apple cider cocktail?
Choose your method and it all is up to your personal taste.
Here are the ways to serve them:
- On the rocks: This is simply serving your cocktail on ice. Your drink is poured over the ice and it stays cold (but will dilute as the ice melts).
- Straight up: When you serve your cocktail up, the drink is stirred or shaken with ice and then you strain it into the cocktail glass. The drink is cold, but does not stay cold. If you just sip your drink, eventually it will be warm.
What can I garnish my gin cocktail with?
Since this is for colder fall days, these ideas would be perfect!
- Apples: As soon as you add apple slices to this cocktail, it is officially a fall drink. They look so pretty and the aroma of the apple is total fall vibes.
- Cinnamon Sticks: Again, if you add a cinnamon stick, it’s a true fall drink and also fall aromatherapy.
- Fresh Herbs: This drink would be so lovely with a touch of fresh rosemary or a sprig of thyme.
- Cinnamon Sugar: Dipping the rim of glasses in cinnamon (or just cinnamon) before adding in the drink is so cozy and delicious.
This apple gin cocktail pairs well with autumn recipes like these:
- Apple and Onion Braised Turkey Tenderloin
- Cranberry Glazed Turkey Tenderloin
- Slow Roasted Turkey Wings
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Pumpkin Lasagne
- Apple Cider Mimosa (Easy Fall Cocktail)
- Sweet and Spicy Nuts
- Easy Apple Cider Donut Cake Recipe
Did you make this? Please RATE THE RECIPE below:)
Autumn Gin Cocktail
- Fill a shaker (or a pitcher) with ice. Add in the gin, apple cider, freshly squeezed lemon juice, maple syrup, and ground cinnamon.
- Shake or stir vigorously until chilled, about 10 seconds (more or less).
- Pour the drink over a strainer into two cocktail glasses filled with ice.
- Top off each glass with a 1/2 an ounce of soda (or a little bit more…it shouldn’t be watered down with soda, so use to your taste).
- Garnish with apple or lemon slices. Garnish with apple slices or lemon slices.
- Enjoy responsibly!
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information presented below is an approximation and may vary depending on the exact ingredients used.