These Vegan Matcha Brownies are busting with chocolate flavor. These fudgy, gooey, perfect squares of chocolate are beyond addictive! Try to stop at just one!
There is something about April and when the weather is getting warmer. There is something about these Vegan Matcha Brownies and the vibrant green from the matcha powder. Let me tell you there is really something! And that something is that they are delicious!
They are delicious and they are happy brownies. They are gooey and fudgy. And they are so moist and decadent. You don’t even miss the dairy products! Even if you’re not vegan, you could try this recipe and you will be surprised at how rich they are! With a touch of matcha in the batter and a dusting on top, you get some of the antioxidant benefits of matcha green tea powder.
I have a family member that is not a fan of the flavor of matcha, yet he is a huge green tea drinker (drinks it every morning!). Even my picky kid loved the flavor of this brownie and didn’t even notice the matcha flavor.
These brownies have been made so many times over the years and have always been a family favorite. It was my new blogging partner’s idea to add the matcha. I took the photos, and she edited them and did the fun video!
Welcoming my daughter Gabby to joining the Savoring Italy team. I think you’ll really love her input and her fun ideas. More dairy free and vegan recipes to come for those that are following that sort of a diet. I feel like she’s already been a part of this project, as it’s always been a family project. She’s been helping out in editing photos for quite a few years now and is of course my number one taste tester!
Visit my YouTube channel to watch all of my video recipes.
Click here to subscribe.
Vegan Matcha Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour you could use all white AP flour if you prefer
- 1 1/2 cups vegan white sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tsp matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- matcha green tea powder to dust on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 x 9 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with baking spray.
- In a small bowl, add the coconut milk and apple cider vinegar. Give it a whirl and set aside while you prep the next ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt and matcha.
- In a medium sized bowl, add the orange juice, coconut milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Stir together completely and be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula until it is incorporated well.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. For firmer brownies, cook longer. If you like the middle on the softer side, cook shorter time (about 25 minutes)). When brownies cool, dust with matcha and slice. Good luck in letting it cool before slicing.
© savoringitaly.com. All content and images are protected by copyright. Please do not use my images or recipe without my permission. Please do not republish this recipe, instead, include a link to this post for the recipe.