Are YOU a brownies fan like me? I know I’ve mentioned often I prefer apple desserts to chocolate (what…WHAT?!?). Maybe I should’ve been specific and said I would take salted caramel brownies over an amazing apple cake.
some notes on recipe:
slightly updated from 9/15
Salted Caramel Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups salted caramel chocolate chopped in small pieces
- 1 1/4 cup salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 350F. Line a 8 x 12-inch baking tray (I used a 9 x 9-inch) with baking parchment. Put the chocolate, butter and sugar in a pan and gently melt, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir the eggs, one by one, into the melted chocolate mixture. Sift the flour and cocoa, over melted chocolate mixture and stir until combined well.
- With a spatula, scrape out the batter into the prepared baking tray. Bake on the middle middle rack for 30 mins or, if you prefer a firmer texture, for 10 minutes more (I baked mine about 45 minutes in a 9 x 9-inch pan).
- Cool before slicing into squares.