Y’all…it’s time to get busy baking Southern style! I’ve told you before, I don’t really say y’all when I talk. But I LOVE to type it. It’s just so cute…and Southern! And I do live in South Florida. Even though I don’t think Florida is considered a part of the South.
Anyway, we can finish that discussion another day. Let’s talk chocolate! Chocolate has been on my mind a lot lately. A lot more than normally. Did you see my last post where I did a LIGHT chocolate dessert with delicious Chobani Greek Yogurt?
I had so much fun coming up with my last recipe. I eat Chobani Greek Yogurt every day! Yes, every day! It is my little indulgence at the end of a long day. I drizzle it with honey and a little bit of granola. That is my secret to avoiding finishing off all the sweets I bake!
This is the Chobani mitt that all the yogurt challenge participants signed. I am about to send it back to Chobani. I wish I could keep it.
This has lots of butter. Buckets of butter. This cake is moist. It is addictive. You will be happy you made it in a sheet pan because everyone will want a slice or two when they see you’ve made a Texas Sheet Cake. A Totally Rad Texas Sheet Cake!
BONUS ENTRIES: Each entry comment counts as a SEPARATE entry in the giveaway! To enter giveaways:
1. Please follow on twitter @Chobani .
2. Please follow @cakeduchess on twitter .
3. Another way to win: Tweet the following: Enter the GIVEAWAY to WIN Chobani Greek Yogurt from @cakeduchess. Enter here: http://tiny.cc/zwt0s
4. If you Facebook, LIKE Chobani here on Facebook.
5. If you Facebook, LIKE Cake Duchess’ here on Facebook.
6. Leave a comment on this post! You are encouraged to share a comment about your about Chobani Greek Yogurt or any other thoughts.
7. If you RT or post on your Facebook page this giveaway post link, you get an additional entry. Please drop me an additional comment on this post saying that you did so.
8. Become a “follower” of Cake Duchess’ blog.
9. Sign up for our RSS Feed/Email Subscription
10. Drawing will be done randomly from all comments recorded by Monday, January 17 by 11 PM and one lucky winner-will announced on Tuesday, January 18, 2011.
11. Shipping only in the US. I apologize to my international friends.
That’s 9 chances to win! Yippee! The more entries you make, the better your chances are to WIN! Again, you MUST leave a separate comment for each entry to count : )
Here’s the other best part…the recipe!!
Totally Rad Texas Sheet Cake
2 cups sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten6 ounce container of Chobani Honey Greek Yogurt
3 tablespoons sour cream
2 sticks regular butter (if you have unsalted, that is fine too!)
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/3 cup milk
1 (16 oz) package powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Stir together first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until slightly thickened; remove from heat. Beat in powdered sugar and vanilla at medium-high speed with an electric mixer until smooth.