The scent of chocolate wafting through the kitchen on a relaxing Sunday morning. It doesn’t get much better than that. And I’m not the biggest fan of chocolate in my baking.
I know, it doesn’t seem possible. I’ve mentioned a few times here that I tend to prefer fruit desserts…particularly apple desserts. At this juncture in my life, I am swaying slightly towards becoming a bigger fan of chocolate and baking. I thought it would be nice to just ease into a little baking with chocolate. The perfect moment to do that was with another #TwelveLoaves bread baking challenge.
#TwelveLoaves May: Bake any bread, yeast or quick bread, loaf or individual. This #TwelveLoaves May 2013 is all about May is all about celebrating bread and the one year anniversary of #TwelveLoaves. Do you have a favorite bread? We would love to see it. Think luscious quick loaves, sinful scones, delightful Danishes. Any bread recipe you’d like to bake, share it with us! Let’s get baking!
You must see what our very talented #TwelveLoaves bakers have created May!
- Apple Kuchen by Liz at That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Basic Focaccia by Holly at A Baker’s House
- Buttermilk Sourdough Waffles by Renee at Magnolia Days
- Cinnamon Crescent Rolls by Krista at A Handful of Everything
- Cinnamon Rolls by Dionne at Try Anything Once Culinary
- Cinnamon Sugar Challah by Paula at Vintage Kitchen
- Olive Bread by Rossella at Ma che ti sei mangiato
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Bread by Lora at Savoring Italy
- San Francisco Sourdough Bread by Karen at Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Zucchini Pineapple Quick Bread by Lyn at The Lovely Pantry
Look at what we’ve baked this past year!
May theme: Focaccia
June theme: Corn Rolls
July theme: Challah
August theme: Summer Fruit
September: Say CHEESE!
October: Seeds, nuts and grains
November: Autumn Fruits: Apples and Pears
December: Boozy Bread
January: Clean Slate
February: Open Challenge
March: Holiday Breads.
My baking assistant went a little overboard with the cocoa-sugar on one of the breads…not that that was a bad thing.