I came across quite a few books I really wanted (and I know, I totally did not need) to add to my collection. One of the books I contemplated adding to my cookbook list was Rachel Ray’s new Italian book. I was lucky enough to get a sampling of her recipes in the Rachel Ray December magazine that my mom shared with me. There was a lovely olive cake that is very similar to some others I have made before.
Olive Oil Cake
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour sifted
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup extra-light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons limoncello
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest preferably from an organic lemon
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Position a rack in the center of the oven; preheat to 325 degrees . Grease and flour a 10- to 12-cup Bundt pan.
- In a bowl using an electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar on medium
- until creamy and light yellow, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the flour,
- cornmeal, olive oil, pear, limoncello, baking powder and lemon zest
- until just combined. Add the milk and stir until just combined.
- Scrape the batter into the pan. Bake until a wooden skewer inserted
- in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Turn the oven off, open
- the oven door slightly and leave the cake in the oven to cool.