Sicilian Fennel and Orange Salad
The most refreshing of winter salads, this recipe for Sicilian Fennel and Orange Salad is a delight. It's vibrant and bursting with fresh flavors from the sweet and juicy oranges, crunchy fennel, red onion, and tart pomegranate arils. It’s a delicious flavor combination that will brighten up those end of winter days!
- 1 large fennel bulb trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion very thinly sliced
- 2 medium oranges sliced into thin rounds, peels cut away
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Tablespoon Italian parsley chopped
Arrange orange slices and fennel on a large serving platter in a random pattern. Scatter the onion and pomegranate arils on top.
Whisk together the olive, vinegar, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust as needed. Spoon dressing over the salad. Add more salt if needed. Also wonderful served with a green salad. Sprinkle on some chopped fresh parsley (optional).