Banana Pear Bread with Dark Chocolate Chips
A lovely quick bread made with bananas and one Bosc pear. You could adjust the flour to add more or less whole wheat according to your taste. Let it cool down before taking that first slice. Perfect for an afternoon coffee or tea break!
- 1 1/2 cups of flour I sometimes add 1/2 whole wheat and no one knows the difference
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup mashed bananas about 3-4 very ripe
- 1 bosc pear peeled and cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream you could sub Greek yogurt
Mash the bananas in a bowl.
Mix the egg with the sugar and oil and stir into the bananas.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sea salt (regular salt is fine too), baking soda.
Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture.
Fold in the pear pieces and the chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 F for 55-60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.