This fresh Tabbouleh Recipe is easy to make, and is full of tomatoes, cucumber, and beautiful fresh herbs. Perfect on its own with pita bread!
- 1/2 cup fine bulgur
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup boiling-hot water
- 2 cups finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley from 3 bunches
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 2 medium tomatoes cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 seedless cucumber peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Stir together bulgur and 1 tablespoon oil in a heatproof bowl.
Pour boiling water over, then cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let stand 15 minutes.
Drain in a sieve, pressing on bulgur to remove any excess liquid.
Transfer bulgur to a bowl and toss with remaining ingredients, including 2 tablespoons oil, until combined well.
Adjust salt and pepper to your taste. Add more lemon juice if it’s needed.
All images and text ©Savoring Italy. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If using my posts in collections and features, please link back to this post for the recipe.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?