Sweet Corn Spoonbread
A very easy one-bowl recipe for Sweet Corn Spoonbread that is comfort in every bite! A delicious and super creamy center that literally melts in your mouth. One casserole is not enough if you're making for a party! This recipe yields 2 casseroles.
Servings: 2 2-qt casseroles
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup plain coconut yogurt (use your favorite plain Greek yogurt if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup margarine I used Earth Balance, melted (use butter if you prefer)
- 3 large eggs if making vegan, use your favorite egg sub
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 14.75-ounce can cream style corn
- 2 15-ounce cans of whole corn, drained
- 1 15-ounce package Krusteaz Honey Cornbread and Muffin Mix
Preheat the oven to 375° and lightly grease a 2-quart casserole dish (I made two 2-quart portions) with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, melted margarine, eggs, sugar and salt.
Stir in the cream style and whole corn. Fold in the Krusteaz Honey Cornbread mix.
Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Place into the oven and bake until golden brown and set, about 30-35 minutes.