GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN PIE
A delicious holiday pumpkin pie made with a super easy gluten free crust.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time55 mins
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
Servings: 1 9-inch pie
- 3 cups gluten-free rice-square cereal such as Rice Chex
- 1/2 cup sliced raw almonds I used salted
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 5 tablespoons packed light muscovado sugar or light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15- ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Pulse cereal and almonds in a food processor until finely ground. Add butter, sugar and salt; pulse until combined. Use immediately.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Press crust mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie dish. Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Reduce temperature to 325 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, coconut milk, sugar, eggs, vanilla and spices until combined. Pour into the crust and place on a baking sheet. Bake until filling is just set, 50 to 55 minutes.