Pumpkin Bread, let me introduce you to my dear friend, Nutella.
What can I say? I ran out of chocolate chips, and let’s keep it real: Nutella is way better than chocolate chips. I was going to make just a regular Pumpkin Bread…but regular is sometimes uninspiring. Pumpkin Bread is my fall baking staple.
In the cooler months, I make one a week. We love Pumpkin Bread. Now, we really love Pumpkin Butterscotch Bread with Nutella. Yowzers! This bread rocks! I was playing on the idea of my Nutella Cake recipe I made this summer.
Fear not! This is not so sweet that it will take the enamel off your teeth. I cut back the sugar I use for my regular Pumpkin Bread because of the butterscotch chip and Nutella thing going on.
I did happen to have butterscotch chips in my cabinets, and you can’t see them when it is done baking, but you can taste their buttery sweetness. This bread is just divine! Moist and full of fall’s yummy spices. And with the right amount of Nutella. Pumpkin paradise.
Look at that nutella! Doesn’t it make you want to take a bite right now??
Pumpkin Butterscotch Bread with Nutella
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 4 tablespoons Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly butter a 9-by-5 inch loaf pan and line with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides; butter parchment. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and spices.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Add the eggs and beat to combine. Mix in the pumpkin mixture. With mixer on low, add flour mixture. Fold in the butterscotch chips
- Spread one-third of the batter in the prepared pan. Then spread half of the nutella on top. Repeat with another third of the batter and the remaining Nutella. Top with the remaining batter. Lightly swirl the Nutella into the batter with a butter knife. Do not overmix.
- Bake for about 30 mintues at 350 F. Then lower heat to 325 F, and bake for about another 25-35 minutes ( keep checking the bread the last 10 minutes),toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes, and then remove by lifting up with parchment paper. Slice and serve.