How could it be possible to get in the kitchen to bake? I had to make this fruit malt loaf. It wasn’t even an option to not turn on my oven.
Anyway, what is malt, you may be wondering? Here you go straight from wikipedia:
More on malt:
It’s found in different products (some we already went over) including flours, malted milk, malt whiskey and malt balls.
What is all this malt talk really all about?
#TwelveLoaves is a monthly bread baking party created by Lora from Cake Duchess and runs smoothly with the help of Heather of girlichef, and the rest of our fabulous bakers.
- Chocolate Malt Baked Donuts from The Redhead Baker
- Chocolate Malt Sweet Rolls from HostessAtHeart
- Danish seeded rye bread with malted flour from The Bread She Bakes
- Demi Baguettes from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Fruit and Malt Loaf from Savoring Italy
- Laugenbrezel from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Malted Guinness Beer Bread from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Strawberry and Date Malted Loaf from Cheap Ethnic Eatz
I didn’t find the oats to be cheeky and loved them!
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons malt
- 1/4 cup dark ale
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dried plums, chopped (or raisins)