Devil's Food Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze is the ultimate chocolate cake! A totally decadent chocolate Bundt cake filled with luscious homemade pastry cream. This delightful cake is even more magical with the homemade caramel glaze drizzled on top! Perfect for a special occasion when you need to impress your guests.
Devil's Food Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze is just incredible! A whole year of baking a different bundt every month. How did this happen? Yes, this Devil's Food Cake Bundt with a Caramel Glaze is to celebrate the anniversary of #BundtaMonth.
Anuradha and I declared our love of baking beautiful Bundts exactly one year ago. We were in this bundt baking business for the long haul! The first bundt I shared with the group was actually a chocolate one...a Chocolate Zucchini Swirl Bundt cake, to be exact. Oh, I forgot how good that bundt was! There were 7 of us bakers proclaiming our love of Bundts that first month.
A totally decadent chocolate Bundt cake filled with luscious homemade pastry cream. This delightful cake is even more magical with the homemade caramel glaze drizzled on top! Perfect for a special occasion when you need to impress your guests.
For the pastry cream, here is the recipe.
For the caramel glaze, here is the recipe.
Devil’s Food Bundt Cake with Caramel Glaze
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 8 ounce high-quality milk chocolate such as Lindt, Perugina, or Valrhona, chopped
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pastry cream see recipe
- caramel glaze see recipe
- Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 350°F. Butter a bundt pan and dust the inside with cocoa powder, set aside.
- Combine cocoa powder and milk chocolate in medium bowl. Pour 1/4 cup boiling water over; whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Whisk in buttermilk.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt in another medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat both sugars, oil, egg, and vanilla in large bowl until well blended.
- Add flour and cocoa mixtures; beat until blended (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool on wire rack.
- Carefully cut cooled bundt in half and spread pastry cream onto the bottom half. Cover with the other half of cake. Drizzle on the caramel glaze.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information presented below is an approximation and may vary depending on the exact ingredients used.