August is here and it’s passing by in a flash! Which means summer is almost over (yes, I’m sobbing silently)which means what better time than now to share a fabulous Asian watermelon salad!
I’ve recently been looking for more fresh and easy summer recipes. I am used to eating watermelon in all of its sweet and glorious natural sweetness. After just coming back from Italy and enjoying watermelon at the end of every meal, I wasn’t sure if I could explore using it in a recipe.
But with another Blogger’s Clue Society event upon us and it means a new fun event!
I recently had the chance to go on a sort of scavenger hunt on a blog I’m not very familiar with. Why was I inspired to make a watermelon salad what does it have to do with blogger C.L.U.E?
Today is reveal day, and this month’s theme is: Beat the Heat!! Join me in reading about the food hunted down this month in the #bloggerCLUE member’s kitchens!
- Asian Watermelon Salad by Lora from Savoring Italy
- Beat the Heat Negronis by Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Blueberry Icebox Pie by Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- Curried Chicken Salad with Cucumbers by Rebekah from Making Miracles
- Frozen Cherry Lemonade by Anna from annaDishes
- Homemade Gingerale by Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Icy Rum Punch from the Islands by Debra from Eliot’s Eats
- Mango Jicama Salsa by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- No Bake Berry Cheesecake by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Oreo Cookies n Cream Ice Cream by Heather from girlichef
- Peach Ice Cream by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pecan Brittle by Kelli from Kelli’s Kitchen
- Prosciutto Parmesan Arugula Sandwich by Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Roasted Tomato Soup by Sue from A Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Rhubarb Sorbet by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Summertime Fresh Corn Salad by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Tipsy Palmers by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Southwest Skillet Dip Alice from A Mama, Baby and Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- 1/3 cup peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 small shallots (1 thinly sliced, 1 finely chopped)
- Kosher salt
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 2 -inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 red jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoons cocktail peanuts, roughly chopped