Hey, guys...guess what? I made apple banana bread, so you know what that means?!?
It has to be fall...it just must be fall? Ok, who am I kidding! I live in FL and it won't look like fall here, well, ever. But, that doesn't mean that I can't start sharing more apple recipes!
And what a perfect reason to bring on the apple baking season than for another #bloggersCLUE event!
I was assigned Kim from Liv Life's blog. Kim was one of the first food blogging friends I made when I first launched Cake Duchess over 5 years ago. She has the most beautiful family and is quite the photographer. Her blog is filled with all kinds of yumminess!! I know her blog pretty well and knew there were some apple things on there to choose from. I finally settled on Kim's banana apple spice bread. What is funny, is that I know Kim's blog for so many years that I even remembered she had an apple bread on her blog and I even remembered commenting on it. It's sort of weird to look back at what I wrote 2 years ago and think I would say the exact same thing about her post and the bread!
With that said, Kim also likes apple recipes and had a few delicious ones to choose from.
I was thinking about her apple arugula detox drink (who doesn't need a little detox!!). Kim's banana apple spice cookies look fantastic! And these apple cinnamon crepes, ohhhhh yeah!
The blogger C.L.U.E (Cook, Learn, Undertake, Eat) Society meets every month in a game of mystery, intrigue, and fun! We are given a theme and secretly assigned another member’s blog; our mission is to hunt through our assigned blog to find a recipe that fits the theme through our eyes. We then head into the kitchen and recreate the recipe and post together on reveal day!
I am always interested in solving a good mystery, so it was only natural that I would be loving this food blogging group: blogger C.L.U.E!
Today is reveal day, and this month’s theme is: fall fruit? Check out all the lovely recipes my fellow Blogger C.L.U.E. participants are sharing today.
- Apple Banana Bread by Lora from Savoring Italy
- Apple Brie Panini by Rebekah from Making Miracles
- Apple Butter by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Apple Oatmeal Muffins by Aly from Cooking in Stilettos
- Arugula, Pear and Parmesan Salad by Kate from Kate's Kitchen
- Butternut Squash Soup with Apple by Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Chaussons aux Pommes by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal by Kim from Liv Life
- Creamy Tomato Soup by Kelli from Kelli's Kitchen
- Fresh Peach Buckle by Sue from A Palatable Pastime
- Fried Apple Hand Pies by Heather from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Greek Yogurt Apple Loaf by Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Peach Streusel Bread by Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pumpkin Molasses Tea Bread by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Sweet Potato Apple Soup with Chipotle by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Vegan Spiced Apple Crumb Muffins by Debra from Eliot's Eats
Apple Banana Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50-55 minutes
Ingredients (1 loaf)
- 1 1/2 cups of flour (I sometimes add 1/2 whole wheat and no one knows the difference)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 3-4 very ripe)
- 2 medium sized apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Raw sugar to sprinkle on top
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
Mash the bananas in a bowl. Mix the egg with the sugar and oil and stir into the bananas.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, sea salt (regular salt is fine too), baking soda.
Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture.
Fold in the apple pieces.
Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes and lower temperature to 250 F and bake for about another 25-30 minutes.